MY PLATFORMPeople live here because THEY LIKE THE EXPERIENCE OF LIVING IN OREM.
The business side has overshadowed the experience side – WE NEED BALANCE.
The experience of living in Orem needs to be the CORE ELEMENT that governs growth.
Better Growth Planning
- A RENEWAL STRATEGY should replace our unchecked growth strategy.
- Create a RENEWAL OVERLAY to upgrade older properties and guide developers.
- We need to establish clearer and STRONGER BOUNDARIES for residential neighborhoods and business corridors ones that focus on growth in business areas, and on Family City USA in neighborhoods.
- We need to INFLUENCE THE STATE TO FUND GROWTH REQUIREMENTS placed on Orem.
Reduce Traffic and Congestion
- DRIVING IN OREM influences the experience of LIVING IN OREM - traffic should be a primary consideration in growth.
- The long-term goal should be to balance traffic on arteries and residential roads, not increase flow.
- BUDGETING FOR RENEWAL requires more discipline than budgeting for growth.
Give Residents a Voice
- Revise City Ordinances to INCREASE NEIGHBORHOOD POWERS over development.
- Consider REVISING THE ELECTION STRUCTURE so that Council members are elected from Districts.